Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Make-A-Wish's 25th Birthday Party

Last night 3 of my friends and I went to the Make-A-Wish's 25th Birthday Party in La Jolla. We dressed up as the Disney Princesses (I was Sleeping Beauty) and hung out with all the kids. Let me just say that I had so much fun. I think the kids brought me more happiness than we brought them...and that's a lot. It was so good to see kids doing so well with all their families. It was a great turnout. I was so blessed to have been a part of the evening. I hope I can do it again someday soon. Some of the girls were just starstruck and couldn't even spit out words because they were so excited to be meeting the princesses. We got to take pictures with them, sign autographs, and danced the night away. It was an honor to be a part of last night. I saw so many of my campers from Camp Reach For The Sky too. I remember my when my little sissy Emily was a wish kid and our family use to go to all those events and it reminded me of our Make-A-Wish trip to DisneyWorld and on the Disney Cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Island. What a GREAT foundation! I cannot even put into words what last night was like. Words just don't describe it.

Thank you Dave Carter for asking me to be a part of such an amazing night :)

IMG_0254
My Prince :)

IMG_0253
We came and surprised him at Starbucks.

IMG_0151

IMG_0150

IMG_0196

IMG_0258

IMG_0255

IMG_0256

IMG_0250

IMG_0248

IMG_0245

IMG_0232

IMG_0226

IMG_0224

IMG_0201

IMG_0200

IMG_0193

IMG_0189

IMG_0185

IMG_0182

IMG_0170

IMG_0167

IMG_0165

IMG_0161

IMG_0162

IMG_0160

IMG_0158

IMG_0154

IMG_0152

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. [Romans 15:3]

2 comments:

Nancy Mitchell Photography said...

What an awesome thing you have done! Those kids look soooo happy:)You are truly amazing. God Bless!

GingerWarner said...

KearyDee~I thank you for inviting me to this enchanting celebration. Though some moments brought me teary memories of Emily, others were filled with the joy of watching you, my own little princess, pour her heart out for children and families who celebrate every breath of life. There is a deep, unspeakable connection between all who have been touched by a sufferring child...it was healing for me to speak with other moms who want only the best for their loved ones. Continue to use your gifts to heal those in need with your smile, heart, and spirit. I love you! xxxmom